Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Despite decline of Italian grocery sales growth, increases seen in October
First 3 stores in Northern Portugal opened by AldiCroatia: Konzum promotes local products
Grocery retailer Konzum wants to promote Croatian products from small, local producers. The retailer has collaborated with the group Mali Hrvatski Proizvođač (Small Croatian Producers) on the project 'Iz domaćih krajeva' ('From domestic regions') to offer approximately 500 products supplied by more than 60 small producers.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at esmmagazine.com
Italy: Decline of grocery sales growth, but increases seen in October
In October Italian grocery retail sales were lower than the previous month, but compared with last year, the implementation was positive. Supermarkets experienced a positive growth trend since May of this year.
Please click here to read more at esmmagazine.com
Germany: First 3 stores opened in Northern Portugal by Aldi
Aldi, the German supermarket chain, has opened its first three stores in Northern Portugal. To meet growing consumer demand, Aldi plans to expand its range of fresh and healthy products. Aldi declared that through its commitment to provide maximum quality at a minimum price, it differentiates itself from other retailers, according to esmmagazine.com
US: Meijer finishes its newest round of fresh remodels
As part of its plan to updates its stores, Meijer has completed the remodelling of 22 supercenters. By doing so, Meijer wants to create the environment that makes consumers happy to shop there. The remodelling contains an enhanced store layout, updated pharmacy area, expanded grocery, health and beauty sections, updated apparel and an all new pet department.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at fooddive.com
US: Kroger opens 2 Ruler Foods stores
Two Ruler Foods stores have been opened by Kroger. The stores present a new look fort the discount brand. The stores will highlight the quality of its foods. The new tagline “Simple. Smart. Fresh. For less.” replaces “Measure your savings.” Kroger could apply this to all of its stores, if the program is successful.
Please click here to read more at fooddive.com
US: Expansion slowed in 2018 for Fresh Thyme
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is planning to open 10 new stores in 2018. In 2017, the fresh-focused chain had opened 20 new stores. The company previously said it had planned to open 100 stores by about 2020. The 10 new stores will include at least 2 locations in Pennsylvania, which would be its first outlets in that state, according to supermarketnews.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: