Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global supply chain at Cesena Fiera on 16-18 October 2018
International Asparagus Days launched
The cooperation between Christian Befve and Cesena Fiera has resulted in the launch of the International Asparagus Days. It is a new international event dedicated to the asparagus supply chain to be held from 16 to 18 October 2018 in the renovated exhibition spaces of Cesena Fiera.
The three-day trade fair will involve four initiatives. First of all, an exhibition with exhibitors coming from all over the world to be hosted in Cesena Fiera’s pavilions. In addition, it will include a full programme of conferences on agronomic, commercial, strategic and technical aspects, to be held in three conference rooms, focusing especially on aspects concerning low environmental impact techniques, such as antagonistic micro-organisms for traditional and organic crops, and varieties. There will also be a series of live field demonstrations, which will take place in an area adjacent to Cesena Fiera. Last but not least, technical tours with visits to major asparagus producers in the Emilia-Romagna region.
The predominant feature of the International Asparagus Days is that it is a highly specialised global trade fair that takes over an event promoted by Befve five years ago in Bordeaux. Today, this kind of event is much needed, since there is a lack of opportunities for discussion on this topic, but also because this crop is attracting great interest worldwide.
At present, 210,000 hectares of asparagus are grown around the world, of which 7,500 hectares are cultivated in Italy. The world's leading asparagus producing countries are Peru and China. Global demand is increasing, and so are prices. The entire supply chain is interested in increasing quality as well as promoting the product on the market more effectively, given the low consumption rate among Italian families, which is just over 40%.
For more information:
c/o fruitecom srl
Tel: +39 059 786 3894
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: