Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Increased Brazilian supplies helped reduce prices
Vegetable prices went down in NovemberBrazilian consumers are paying less for food now. Data from the Companhia Nacional de Abastecimento (Conab) show that vegetables were cheaper -at wholesale prices- in November.
According to investinbrazil.biz, Conab carries out a monthly survey in Brazil. Data from the most recent study show, that the prices that went down most were those of tomatoes in São Paulo, dropping 28.75%. This price movement has brought down food inflation.
Conab's data also show that these declining prices are widespread among vegetables and fruits. These products are highlighted: chilli (-31%), legumes (-26%), chayote (-17%), beet (-11%), plum (-23%), lemon (-16%) and peach (-4%).
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: