Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan working towards FTA with Pacific South East nationsPakistan aims to enhance multilateral trade with Pacific and South East Asian nations, and is proposing a Free Trade Agreement (FTA). Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines are among the countries on the list to start talking about Preferential Trade Agreements (PTAs) which will pave the way towards a FTA.
Pakistan and Indonesia have already agreed on concessions for 20 different items during bilateral negotiations under a Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA). According to geo.tv, both sides discussed 20 tariff lines and Indonesia agreed to major exports from Pakistan including rice, textile, ethanol, citrus (Kinnow) and mangoes.
As a result, Pakistani citrus exports to Indonesia will increase from 18 to 35 million tonnes and mango exports will increase to 10 million tonnes in a year. The earlier restriction on year-round exports to Indonesia have also been removed.
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: