Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
China: 2017 analysis of fruit import price conditions
Following the continuous increase in living standards, imported fruit has already lost its reputation as an expensive commodity and entered the lives of common people. Apples are imported and can be enjoyed as a healthy snack all year round. Domestic apple production is excessive and current prices are depressed. How does the import of apples fare under these conditions?
On the whole, prices of imported apples were stable in the first half of the year, but increased at a greater rate in the second half of the year. At present, the average price of imported apples is relatively high. The Pacific Rose, Red Delicious, and Granny Smith are priced above average, while Gala apples hover at the bottom.
According to China Agricultural Products (www.chinaap.com) the price of Granny Smith increased suddenly and rapidly because of the period in which Granny Smith arrived on the market. Granny Smith arrives on the market in July and August, but in China the new harvest of Granny Smiths only arrives on the Chinese market in large volumes in late August because time is lost in harvest, selection, and transport for imported apples. Therefore, in July and August the demand for Granny Smiths exceeds supply and prices rise suddenly and sharply. In addition, the retail season of domestic apples also ends in this same period. High quality apples have not yet entered the market and there is no good substitute product, so the prices of imported apples continue to increase.
Source: Fruit Service Center
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: