Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Australian grower recognized for efforts in China
- UK importer & Mexican lime producer plan to launch organic Fair-Trade alternative
- “Since 2002, US avocado consumption has grown 250 percent”
- Earlier 2018 Mexican table grape season kick off expected
- The new Spring Sunshine mandarin could be the world's tastiest
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
International exporters looking for opportunities in the UAEAccording to experts, consumers in the UAE can look forward to a greater variety of foodstuffs and ingredients, as international players such as the EU increasingly look to the UAE for exporting their products.
Speaking to Khaleej Times, ambassador Patrizio Fondi - head of the EU Delegation to the UAE - said that more EU products will make their way to the UAE as consumers become conscious of safety and environmental issues. "As the EU has a variety of food produced in its 28 member states, it is for sure that there are still many products which are not yet known. We therefore firmly believe that the variety of EU food products to become available will grow in all sectors."
The European Union is the largest agri-food exporter and importer in the world, with the value of its agri-food export reaching 130 billion dollars in 2016. The Middle East market has grown enormously in the last 10 years.
Agri-food imports from the EU to the Gulf Cooperation Council countries have reached 7.5 billion dollars in 2016, of which the UAE's share stands at 3 billion. This means that the UAE is amongst 10 top export destinations outside the EU for agri-food.
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: