Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Sinaloa mango pack-house opens for the season
- Lidl Moerdijk: Europe's largest banana ripening facility
- Chilean Hortifrut interested in buying the largest Peruvian producer of blueberries
- TAPKIT: 500m2 self-assembly hydroponic greenhouse
- “We provide remote, in-transit corrective actions to containerized shipments”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Village Farms tomato wins Produce Business Innovation Award
Village Farms' 'Lorabella Blossom' tomato received the first annual Produce Business Innovation Award at the New York Produce Show last week. The bright orange tomato caught the eye of the judges and consumers are also taking note as something the tomato category hasn’t seen yet, the company says.
Helen Aquino, CEO Michael DeGiglio and Krysten DeGiglio proudly show the award and the winning lorabella variety.
Village Farms expressed that everyone has had a major part in bringing this variety to market. "Thanks to the expertise of our growers, operations, finance, sales, transportation and marketing Lorabella Blossom is exceeding expectations and bringing consumers a flavor profile unlike any other," they said. According to the company, the citrus floral essence makes it an ideal snacking tomato that is extremely versatile, making it a great tomato for grilling, roasting and sautéing as well.
According to Michael DeGiglio, President and CEO of Village Farms, “The Village Farms team has always been known for going above and beyond to deliver the absolute best flavor in the industry. This award just goes to show that we’ve done it again with Lorabella Blossom. We are honored to receive this award as it truly takes a village to consistently bring innovative products like this one to life. This variety and its name hold a special place in my heart.”
Village Farms was one of ten honorees to be recognized as a winner of the inaugural Innovation Award from Produce Business Magazine at the New York Produce Show.
For more information:
Helen L. Aquino
+1 (407) 936-1190
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: