Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
They entered without permission to wholesale markets
Costa Rica: Authorities seized 6,800 kg of Dutch onions
The authorities of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, in coordination with the Fiscal Control Police, seized in the few last days 6,800 kilos of onion coming from the Netherlands, as they lacked the phytosanitary permits or risk analysis required for the importation of this product.
These actions prevent damage to the health of consumers because this onion does not have the residue analysis of agrochemicals required by our legislation. In addition, they prevent the possible entry of quarantine pests that could affect the national production.
The confiscation also punishes the evasion of taxes that the cargo should have paid through customs, if it had met the requirements. The value of the onions seized is estimated at ¢ 11.5 million.
Authorities suspect that these shipments entered through the southern border. The operations that resulted in the confiscation were made at the National Wholesale Food Distribution Center, CENADA, and at the Wholesale Market located on Avenue 10. In both cases, it was coordinated with the market administrations.
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: