Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "High quality soft seeded pomegranate production decreases"
"This year, Nanyang and Xichuan in Henan have had a lot of heavy rain between August and October. This has affected the soft seeded pomegranate production in these regions. Many trees have cracked, so the high quality production has decreased," said Mr. Sun Yanyong of Henan Ren He Kang Yuan Agricultural Development Co., Ltd.
An employee has picked a whole basket of soft seeded pomegranates at a field
Vast soft seeded pomegranate fields
A shiny soft seeded pomegranate
"We can look at the price from three different angles. Firstly, the local purchasing price was driven up to 10 to 13 yuan per 500 gram, when the fruit first entered the market. This is an increase of 30% to 40% compared to last year's price of 7 to 10 yuan per 500 gram. Secondly, the distribution price has fluctuated because of many market factors, but it is similar to last year's. Lastly, the retail price is now between 50 and 60 yuan per 500 gram. This is a slight increase from the previous season."
Ren He Kang Yuan is attending a fruit and vegetable fair
The entrance to the company's fields
An overview of the fields
"In 2017, we had around 600 hectares (6,000 mu) of soft seeded pomegranate fields with a total production of almost 300 ton. Next year, the area will increase to between 1,500 and 2,000 hectares (15,000 and 20,000 mu). Simultaneously, the majority of our trees will bear fruit, so our production per hectare will be around 200 kilogram. We are using strict organic standards in our production. This guarantees our product quality, and forms a good foundation for export in the future."
The team is picking fruit
An easily peelable soft seeded pomegranate with large seeds
"Currently, our soft seeded pomegranates are mainly sold through three channels. Firstly, we mostly sell our premium gift packaging under our own brand 'Qu Shou Soft Seeded Pomegranate Manor' on large fruit markets in import regions all over China, such as Guangzhou Jiangnan Market, Shanghai Huizhan market, and Jiaxing Market. Secondly, our fields are also providing services to supermarkets, trading companies, and distributors all over China. Lastly, this year, we have also started to join hands with e-commerce platforms and micro businesses, which has been yielding good results. Next year, we will increase our collaboration efforts. We are planning to start a strategic partnership with a strong e-commerce alliance in Hangzhou, so that we will be in close contact."
Pomegranate weighing and sorting equipment
Different kinds of soft seeded pomegranate packaging
"We are offering two different kinds of packaging for different customer groups. One is our premium gift packaging for the Mid Autumn Festival customers and the premium markets, and the other is the traditional box for purchasers who buy in bulk. In the future, we will keep improving our packaging designs, so that we can satisfy our customers' demands even better."
Sun YanyongCompany: Henan Ren He Kang Yuan Agricultural Development Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 186 3828 8607
Phone: +86 371 5535 7111
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: