Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Sinaloa mango pack-house opens for the season
- Lidl Moerdijk: Europe's largest banana ripening facility
- Chilean Hortifrut interested in buying the largest Peruvian producer of blueberries
- TAPKIT: 500m2 self-assembly hydroponic greenhouse
- “We provide remote, in-transit corrective actions to containerized shipments”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Increasing demands from consumers promote developments in packaging industry"
"The Chinese agricultural industry has been developing very fast over the past few years. Especially in the fruit and vegetable industry, this can be seen in the product varieties, but also in the packaging quality and innovation. When purchasing fruit and vegetables, before tasting the product, the consumers first have to get an impression of the product. That is why packaging has become very important," according to Zhou Weiqi, CEO of the China Lehe Fruit Packaging Research Center.
"The growing consumers' demands are forcing actors from the entire supply chain to improve their brands, including chain stores, distributors, traders, agents, and producers. Whether it is design, aesthetics, material quality or application, the requirements keep getting higher."
Israeli honey pomelo packaging
"China now has a wide range of fruits, but there are only a few brands on the market that are actually influential, such as Chu oranges, Nongfu Spring, and some other geographical brands. This has several reasons, such as irregular market activities and the illegitimate use of brand designs. To create a Chinese fruit brand, one has to walk the right track, which will take quite a long time."
Peacock orange packaging
"Our company is specialized in packaging for all kinds of fruit, including corrugated boxes, composition design, print design, cardboard boxes, standardized boxes, distribution and direct sales. We now have processing facilities in Zhejiang and Guangxi of, respectively, 5,000 and 3,000 square meters."
Zhou Weiqi - CEO
China Lehe Fruit Packaging Research Center
Phone: +86 181 0078 0058
Publication date: 12/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: