Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile promoting its cherries and peaches in SpainThe Ambassador of Chile in Spain, Jorge Tagle, officially inaugurated a new promotional campaign on Monday at noon featuring cherries and peaches from Chile.
The event took place in the El Corte Inglés store of Castellana, in Madrid, and was attended by executives of the fruit importing and distributing company "Frutas E. Sanchez", the Director of the ProChile Office in Spain, Roberto Paiva; the Director for Marketing in Europe of the Association of Exporters of Fruitss of Chile AG (ASOEX), Charif Christian Carvajal, as well as executives of El Corte Inglés, which once again hosted the campaign.
Roberto Paiva, Director of ProChile in Spain, highlighted the importance of public-private collaboration in these promotional activities, noting that "our institution manages the promotion fund of the Ministry of Agriculture of Chile, through which we can carry out different activities in this market and the rest of Europe. Chile is currently a leader in the fruit sector and this is acknowledged by consumers worldwide."
For his part, Charif Christian Carvajal, Marketing Director of the Association of Fruit Exporters of Chile AG (ASOEX), stressed the importance of the new season, which marks the beginning of the marketing of Chilean fruit, allowing the Spanish consumer to enjoy these fresh products when there is no production in Spain.
The promotion will be carried out in more than 30 points of sale of El Corte Inglés (supermarkets El Corte Inglés, Hipercor and Supercor) in different Spanish provinces. The activities include special events, tastings and the handing out of information brochures.
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: