Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
No German market for Albert Heijn
Kaufland closes its online grocery websitePortugal: 2 new hypermarkets opened by Continente
2 new hypermarket stores were opened by Portuguese hypermarket chain Continente. The hypermarket located in Buarcos offers a wide range of products, with a focus on fresh and local produce. By doing so, Continente wants to boost national production. The hypermarket located in Baixa da Banheira offers the same concept, according to esmmagazine.com
New Scottish supplier development programme for Aldi
Through a new small-scale supplier scheme Aldi wants to increase its relationships with local suppliers. This new scheme will highlight on Scottish origin and the products will be labelled with a Saint Andrew’s Cross, according to igd.
Holland: Albert Heijn withdraws from German market
Albert Heijn, the Dutch retailer, is going to withdraw itself from the German market. In Germany, it operates the convenience store banner Albert Heijn To Go. Albert Heijn is closing its six stand-alone stores and five forecourt stores by the end of March 2018.
Please click here to read more at esmmagazine.com
4 supermarkets opened by Spar Zimbabwe
This year, Spar Zimbabwe opened 4 supermarkets. It’s public relations officer Louise McAllister said: “Spar Zimbabwe has seen significant expansion this year. In addition to Spar Ballantyne, which opened in April, Spar Athienitis was opened in September and Spar Arcadia will open in the next few weeks”, according to newsday.co.zw
Germany: Online grocery website closed by Kaufland
Kaufland, the German hypermarket chain, has closed its online grocery service in Germany. The online shopping initiative was launched just one year ago. Kaufland has concerns about the costs of the operation and the lack of potential for future profitability.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at ecommercenews.eu
CA: Vancouver expansion for InstaBuggy delivery service
Toronto-based startup InstaBuggy has expanded its service to Vancouver. Since launching in 2015, the company said it had experienced +930% year over year growth. The company is also concentrating on Calgary, Edmonton and Montreal.
Please click here to read more at canadiangrocer.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: