Job offersmore »
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Spain: Sentinel II optical sorting machine debuts on television
- Spain: Organic food consumption continues to grow
- Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
- It’s Fresh! secures $10 million investment from AgroFresh
- Firms announce deeper collaboration on M&A's in produce sector
Exchange ratesmore »
International Paper wins accolades for its fresh produce packaging
International Paper’s corrugated packaging business in Europe, the Middle East & Africa (EMEA) recently brought home a collection of innovation and design awards for its corrugated box solutions for the fresh produce industry.
International Paper receiving the 2017 Good Design Award at the Design Turkey Industrial Design Awards for their V50 Citrus Box
From the EConTrayTM packaging to the V50 package, each was designed to address the specific challenge.
“We’re extremely excited about receiving recognition for several of our innovative box solutions this year,” says Eric Chartrain, Vice President & General Manager of International Paper’s corrugated packaging in EMEA. “We always strive for ‘driving for better together’ with our customers and create outstanding value for them. These awards are an excellent confirmation that our innovation efforts are widely recognized by the industry.”
The winning designs included:
EConTrayTM - 2017 CONAI Eco-Friendly Packaging Award
An eco-sustainable solution that improves the logistics of packaging and shipping fresh fruit and vegetables as well as white meat. The company claims that the use of EC combined flutes offers more internal volume and less weight, resulting in more flat-trays per pallet, optimized warehouse storage and faster internal handling.
- CONAI Eco-Friendly Packaging Award: Presented by Italy’s National Packaging Consortium, the award recognizes the country’s most innovative and eco-friendly packaging solutions.
V50 Citrus Box – 2017 Good Design Award
The package’s 50 air vents and air corridors provide optimal ventilation for the long-distance transportation of lemons and mandarin oranges, helping ensure that the fruit is delivered fresh. Its cushioning feature helps extend the products’ shelf-life. After use, the entire package can be recycled.
- 2017 Good Design Award (packaging and fast-moving consumer products category): Awarded during the Design Turkey Industrial Design Awards, International Paper is the only corrugated packaging company among the winners.
For more information:
Tel: +32 (0)2 774 1211
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: