Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
More online grocery capabilities for Longo’s
Costco: successful investments in online businessCA: Longo’s continues to build out its online grocery capabilities
By the expansion of its Grocery Gateway headquarters, the acquisition of business-to-business focused grocery delivery service GroceryMarket.ca, and a new pilot project with the click-and-collect service, Penguin Pick-Up, Longo’s is continuing to build out its online grocery capabilities. “One of the things we want to do is continue to grow the business-to-business section of the business,” says Longo.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at canadiangrocer.com
US: Quarterly profit for Costco
Costco Wholesale Corp investments in online business paid off, it reported quarterly profit and revenue that beat analysts’ estimates. Costco has been investing heavily to bolster its e-commerce capabilities, launching initiatives such as two-day delivery on dry groceries and a same-day service through a partnership with Instacart, according to Reuters.
New supermarket opened by Spar Albania
Its newest Spar supermarket aims to provide a new standard in customer service. It offers Spar’s private label brands, a wide range of organic and gluten-free products, and specialty global products. The Spar's loyalty card programme in Albania is already used by about 100,000 customers.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at esmmagazine.com
Italy: 'Extracoop' Hypermarket concept launched by Coop Alleanza 3.0
By opening three Extracoop stores Coop Alleanza 3.0 reveals its new hypermarket concept. The new stores represent a new generation of hypermarkets and were opened in Bologna, Modena and Ravenna. The innovative shopping experience contains food, non-food and specialist retail areas, including a beauty salon, a flower shop, an optician’s and a jeweller’s.
Please click here to read more at esmmagazine.com
Russia: Supermarket business of O‘Key sold to X5
Russian food retailer, O‘Key Group, announced the agreement to sell its supermarket business to X5 Retail Group. O‘Key said, it could now focus on “efficiency improvements at compact city hypermarkets and accelerating the expansion of our discounters”, according to Reuters.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: