Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Coop Alleanza 3.0: 'Extracoop' Hypermarket concept
O‘Key sells supermarket business to X5New supermarket opened by Spar Albania
Its newest Spar supermarket aims to provide a new standard in customer service. It offers Spar’s private label brands, a wide range of organic and gluten-free products, and specialty global products. The Spar's loyalty card programme in Albania is already used by about 100,000 customers.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at esmmagazine.com
Italy: 'Extracoop' Hypermarket concept launched by Coop Alleanza 3.0
By opening three Extracoop stores Coop Alleanza 3.0 reveals its new hypermarket concept. The new stores represent a new generation of hypermarkets and were opened in Bologna, Modena and Ravenna. The innovative shopping experience contains food, non-food and specialist retail areas, including a beauty salon, a flower shop, an optician’s and a jeweller’s.
Please click here to read more at esmmagazine.com
Russia: Supermarket business of O‘Key sold to X5
Russian food retailer, O‘Key Group, announced the agreement to sell its supermarket business to X5 Retail Group. O‘Key said, it could now focus on “efficiency improvements at compact city hypermarkets and accelerating the expansion of our discounters”, according to Reuters.
CA: Longo’s continues to build out its online grocery capabilities
By the expansion of its Grocery Gateway headquarters, the acquisition of business-to-business focused grocery delivery service GroceryMarket.ca, and a new pilot project with the click-and-collect service, Penguin Pick-Up, Longo’s is continuing to build out its online grocery capabilities. “One of the things we want to do is continue to grow the business-to-business section of the business,” says Longo.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at canadiangrocer.com
US: Quarterly profit for Costco
Costco Wholesale Corp investments in online business paid off, it reported quarterly profit and revenue that beat analysts’ estimates. Costco has been investing heavily to bolster its e-commerce capabilities, launching initiatives such as two-day delivery on dry groceries and a same-day service through a partnership with Instacart, according to Reuters.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: