Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Stable export prices for new ginger
"The new ginger export season has already started. The export market appears to be stable. The current European export price is similar to last year's. In Anqiu, a small part of the ginger production has been affected by the weather this year, but overall, the influence is not that big," states Zhang Guangquan, CEO of Anqui Yihai Food Co., Ltd.
Freshly harvested ginger
Ginger waiting for export
"Our company, founded in 2003, is located in Weifang and Anqiu in Shandong, where we produce, process and trade agricultural products. We have 18 hectares (180 mu) of our own ginger fields, and another 120 hectares (1,200 mu) of collectively owned fields. We also have a processing facility of 3,000 square meters. Our ginger products include fresh ginger, semi-dried ginger, and air-dried ginger. Our ginger products are mainly exported to European countries."
"In the past few years, the export of Chinese ginger to the low-end foreign markets has been affected by the export from other regions. For example, more and more purchasers from Pakistan and Bangladesh are buying their ginger from Vietnam and Thailand. Even though the quality of these products is barely satisfactory, their prices are lower than the Chinese. On the high-end markets, such as Europe and America, Chinese ginger can still compete very well. It is holding a large market share there."
Zhang Guangquan - CEO
Anqui Yihai Food Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 151 5361 3567
Phone: +86 536 4295 981
Fax: +86 536 4295 980
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: