Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Northeast Indian state bans non-organic food items
The government of Sikkim, in Northeast India, approved a proposal to ban the supply of non-organic agriculture, horticulture and livestock products in a phased manner effective from March 31 next year.
A notification will be issued in due course to take necessary action for compliance with the cabinet decision, prohibiting entry of non-organic agricultural and horticultural and livestock products into Sikkim, Outlook India learned from an official release.
The list of products to be prohibited for entry into Sikkim effective March 31, 2018 are: maize, beans, bitter gourd,bottle gourd, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, carrot, chayote,cucumber, lady’s finger, leafy vegetables, spinach, pea, radish, tomato,pointed gourd, banana, guava, mango, orange, papaya, ginger, green chili, turmeric.
Two days ago, the Chief Minister publicly announced that his government will ban imports of fruit like banana and mango starting next year. He had said that the consumption of these fruits is hazardous for people’s health, as they are ripened using chemicals.
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: