Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: Agri exports up 19.3% for January-OctoberAccording to the Philippine Statistics Authority, this nation’s export earnings from agri-based products from January to October grew by 19.3 percent to 2.984 billion dollars. In the same period last year, 2.501 billion dollars were recorded.
The latest trade data from the PSA showed the bulk of revenues from shipments of agricultural products (nearly 45 percent) came from coconut products. According to an article in the Business Mirror, PSA data also showed the value of fruits and vegetables shipped by the Philippines declined by 4.3 percent (to 1.220 billion dollars, from 1.275 billion a year ago).
Exports of bananas, which accounted for 48.52 percent of total earnings, reached 592.194 million dollars, 2.9 percent higher than last year’s 575.762 million.
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: