Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Paul van der Linde: "Quality hasn't been this bad in years"
"Demand for carrots starting to get going"
In the first months of the carrot season the market hadn't fully started up, but as of last week there is noticeably more demand. "We had a lot of moisture in the Netherlands, but this also goes for northern Germany, Poland and the former East Block countries. In Poland around 5% of potatoes are being left in the ground and this will also be the case with carrots. Those countries worked with their own product for a long time, but will have to import now," says Paul van der Linde, a carrot and potato trader from Emmeloord.
"The prices are, depending on the quality, between 10 and 18 cents. There is no revival in this yet, but that largely has to do with the quality. There is a lot of bad quality pressuring the market. The quality hasn't been this bad in years. There are a lot of parties with Phytophthora in storage and the kilos per box are also extremely low. There is likely to be little carrot left," expects Paul. "But this is good for later in the season. There will be opportunities."
For more information:
Van der Linde
Paul van der Linde
Mob: +31 (0) 6 - 52 06 36 01
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: