Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Freshmax opens refurbished Brisbane ripening centre
Following considerable investment, Freshmax Brisbane has opened the doors to its newly refurbished and expanded Brisbane Distribution and Ripening Centre.
A little over a week ago, guests from across the supply chain gathered at 44 Cambridge street, Rocklea, to celebrate the opening of Freshmax’s newly refurbished and significantly expanded Brisbane site.
The $5m upgrade of the now 10,000 m2 ripening and distribution centre makes it a logistics hub for Queensland bananas, avocados and mangoes. The site includes 34 ripening rooms all fitted with Ethy-Gen ripening systems, two loading and consolidation areas and nine loading docks.
“At this new capacity, the site expects to handle over 2m cartons of bananas and avocados each year,” states Peter Sillcock – CEO Freshmax Brisbane.
Within months of opening, the site is already at full capacity and is being used for the substantial Northern Territory and North Queensland Mango crops seen this year. “Queensland is a key state for us particularly in the production of bananas, citrus and avocados,” states Dan Reeves – CEO Freshmax Australia. “We have a leading role to play in each of our core categories and this facility will help drive this leadership.”
For more information:
Tel: +61 488 115 610
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: