Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iraq is preventing the import of potatoes from abroadThe Ministry of Agriculture of Iraq announced on Wednesday that the import of potatoes from abroad would be prevented, saying that the ban had come into force as of Tuesday.
"The Ministry banned the importation of potatoes from abroad due to the abundance of domestic crops. The goal is to protect the local production and support domestic growers," said Undersecretary of Agriculture Mahdi Mahdi al-Qaisi in an interview with Alsumaria News.
"The ban on imports of some agricultural products is part of the Ministry's strategy to promote the local production as safer than that imported," said Qaisi, adding that "the ban on the importation of potatoes is in force as of 12 December."
The Ministry of Agriculture often prohibits the importation of certain crops in order to support domestic producers.
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: