Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iraq is preventing the import of potatoes from abroadThe Ministry of Agriculture of Iraq announced on Wednesday that the import of potatoes from abroad would be prevented, saying that the ban had come into force as of Tuesday.
"The Ministry banned the importation of potatoes from abroad due to the abundance of domestic crops. The goal is to protect the local production and support domestic growers," said Undersecretary of Agriculture Mahdi Mahdi al-Qaisi in an interview with Alsumaria News.
"The ban on imports of some agricultural products is part of the Ministry's strategy to promote the local production as safer than that imported," said Qaisi, adding that "the ban on the importation of potatoes is in force as of 12 December."
The Ministry of Agriculture often prohibits the importation of certain crops in order to support domestic producers.
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: