Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Increases foreign market access and exportability of avocados
Kenya uses Liventus CA system for the first time
On 30 August this year, two containers of Hass avocados were loaded in Nairobi Kakuzi’s packhouse for export through Mombasa to George Helfer in France. For this trial two Liventus technicians were brought from Chile, and the Africa Commercial Manager was present.
The containers arrived in Marseilles after 29 days of sea transit and taken to George Helfer for opening. Marko Olivares representing Liventus and Gaëlle Guérin Quality Manager from Georges Helfer S.A. France, who oversees the technical evaluation of arrivals in Europe were present to meet the containers. The temperature and atmosphere charts for each of the containers was downloaded and investigated.
Initial results were excellent with most of the fruit being firm in condition. This despite the fact that it was very late in the season and some of fruit already showed signs of colour turning prior to shipment.
To evaluate the shelf life, samples were taken from each container and after 8 days in cold store, most of the fruit had green coloration and was 100% firm. After 7 days in 18 oC 100% of the fruits reached the ripeness suitable for consumption.
“Following this positive result, we’ve planned to make a trial with Mexican avocados” commented Gaëlle Guérin from Georges Helfer S.A. France
Liventus told that it was encouraged by the results. The system has shown that it is capable of delivering avocados in good condition where long sea transits are involved, and also successfully managing late season fruit, getting them to the market.
From 2018 Liventus intends to have a fully functioning service provider in Kenya and to provide their product for the Kenya avocado industry.
For more information:
Tel: +27 71 6440323
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: