Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China and Panama move forward with plan for rail link to Costa Rica
On Thursday, December 7, an agreement was signed between Panama and China which involved a 2018 feasibility study looking at the construction of a rail link to the Costa Rican border. The agreement was signed by Luis Miguel Hincapie, in charge of Panama’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Zhong Shan, Minister of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China.
According to a qcostarica.com article, with the signing of this agreement China confirms that “it will grant the financing and the feasibility study for the rail project of the Republic of Panama.” Both governments indicated the need to accelerate the negotiation of a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between both nations, which should be completed by the first half of 2018.
Panama opened diplomatic relations with China last June. Months later, in November, President Juan Carlos Varela met with his counterpart Xi Jinping, and from these meetings, a series of trade, economic and cooperation agreements were signed between both nations.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: