Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Sinaloa mango pack-house opens for the season
- 45 double ripening chambers in new Lidl Moerdijk distribution centre
- TAPKIT: 500m2 self-assembly hydroponic greenhouse
- Chilean Hortifrut interested in buying the largest Peruvian producer of blueberries
- “We provide remote, in-transit corrective actions to containerized shipments”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Paraguay prepares its first shipment of mangoes to Europe
The representative of the Directorate of Vegetal Protection of the Senave, Nelson Fariña, stated that, if there is no setback, the country would send its first Paraguayan mangoes to the European continent through a cooperative that works in the area of Arroyos y Esteros, in the department of Cordillera.
"Senave helps producers in the certification process so that they can place their products abroad and so that they can achieve better income. In the same line, we are helping producers export the mangoes of national origin to the European community," Fariña said in an interview with Radio Nacional.
He said the work had begun with an importer of Italian origin that wanted to place the Paraguayan mango in the European continent, without specifying in which countries. However, he did say that the Netherlands would be their gateway.
"The European community demands certain phytosanitary requirements for export. The mango must undergo a hydrothermal process to meet their requirements and enter the European market," he added. The fruit will undergo a hydrothermal treatment.
The first shipment would consist of a ton of national Creole mangoes, which are commonly found in Paraguayan households. In some markets the mango price is quoted at around 6 euro per kilo. Then they would continue with the Tommy Hopkins variety, which is quite appetizing for local and international markets thanks to its size and flavor. He also added that some producers were interested in exporting the fruit to other markets, such as Taiwan.
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: