Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sudan increases efficiency of its main port
Port Sudan harbour on the Red Sea coast acquired a strategic importance for the nation’s exports and imports when it was inaugurated in 1909. Today, Sudan is seeking to reactivate its maritime fleet and increase the efficiency of Port Sudan harbour now the U.S. is lifting many economic sanctions, as international trade is expected to increase.
According to xinhuanet.com, the Sudan's Sea Ports Corporation has inaugurated a number of projects to enhance the efficiency of Port Sudan harbour. The projects also focuses on transit trade with neighbouring countries such as Ethiopia, Chad, Central Africa and South Sudan, which signed previous agreements with Sudan on trade through Port Sudan harbour.
The port consists of seven sub-harbours; Hidop port is one of the SPC's most important projects, specializing in livestock, fish, vegetable and fruit exports.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: