Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sudan increases efficiency of its main port
Port Sudan harbour on the Red Sea coast acquired a strategic importance for the nationís exports and imports when it was inaugurated in 1909. Today, Sudan is seeking to reactivate its maritime fleet and increase the efficiency of Port Sudan harbour now the U.S. is lifting many economic sanctions, as international trade is expected to increase.
According to xinhuanet.com, the Sudan's Sea Ports Corporation has inaugurated a number of projects to enhance the efficiency of Port Sudan harbour. The projects also focuses on transit trade with neighbouring countries such as Ethiopia, Chad, Central Africa and South Sudan, which signed previous agreements with Sudan on trade through Port Sudan harbour.
The port consists of seven sub-harbours; Hidop port is one of the SPC's most important projects, specializing in livestock, fish, vegetable and fruit exports.
Publication date: 12/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: