Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Dali winter date production per hectare increased 30%"
"In the past few years, the average winter date price has fluctuated by around 5% from season to season, because of the increasing Dali winter date production area. This year, Dali has a production of 100 to 150 kilogram per hectare. That is an increase of 30% from last year," according to Ms. Zhang Juan, a winter date producer in Dali County, Shaanxi.
Freshly harvested Dali winter dates
Crispy Dali winter dates
"Dali County in Shaanxi is a well-known Chinese winter date production region. Located close to the Yellow River, with sufficient rain and a dry climate, it is the ideal natural environment for winter dates. Furthermore, compared to other regions, the Dali dates enter the market one month earlier. The dates from greenhouses are ripe in July, and the others in August. The supply usually lasts until the end of September."
Winter date production
Harvested winter dates
"In the early stage of the season, winter dates can be stored for around half a month. As the season progresses, however, they can only be stored for approximately seven days. Our winter dates are mainly sold through traditional sales channels to distributors and supermarkets in large cities in China. Smaller quantities are also sold through e-commerce platforms to coastal cities, where the consumption levels are relatively high. I hope that, with the assistance of the government, we will be able to start exporting our products, so that foreign consumers can also taste our special Dali winter dates."
Dali County, Shaanxi, winter date producer
Phone: +86 155 9139 045
Publication date: 12/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: