Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"The damage has been much less severe than expected"
Spain: Storm Ana damages greenhouses and plastic on strawberry farmsThe manager of the Association of Producers and Exporters of Strawberries from Huelva, Freshuelva, Rafael Domínguez Guillén, said on Monday that the passage of storm Ana over the province has damaged some greenhouses and plastic on strawberry farms, but has stressed that this damage has not been as severe as expected, given that the wind and rainfall have eventually been weaker.
He highlighted that the sector expected "a much stronger wind, so although some plastics have been damaged, no significant damage has been recorded."
"It has affected some greenhouses and some plastics, which are either broken or have flown away, but the wind and rainfall have not been as strong as expected and there is little damage compared to what had been predicted," continued Domínguez Guillén, who pointed out that some areas, such as Moguer, have been more affected than others.
Regarding the rainfall, he explained that this has also not been as stormy as they thought and it has cleared throughout the day, so "it hasn't caused much destruction." In any case, he pointed out that the sector could do with "more spaced out rain instead of occasional strong storms."
Source: Europa Press
Publication date: 12/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: