Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cool Carriers starts shipping bananas and pineapples to DoverCool Carriers announced that from January 2018 it will bring its Coolman Central America and West Indies service to the Dover Cargo Terminal for onward distribution to UK and European markets.
The company, one of the world's largest reefer vessel operators, says its decision was prompted in part by the Port’s flagship Dover Western Docks Revival project, as this will create a new cargo terminal and logistics hub.
Doverforum.com was told Cool Carriers will predominantly ship bananas and pineapples from Costa Rica, Colombia and the Dominican Republic to Port of Dover Cargo Ltd, which specialises in handling time sensitive perishable foods.
The General Manager at Port of Dover Cargo Ltd said: “Cool Carriers’ decision to come to Dover is excellent news. Port of Dover Cargo’s strength lies in its fast transport links to the wider UK and Continent. We’re just over 20 miles from mainland Europe and sit on one of the busiest international shipping lanes on Earth, providing minimum vessel deviation.”
Publication date: 12/13/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: