Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
How wireless sensors play a role in closing the cold chain loop
Second to staying complaint with FDA FSMA, an ongoing risk for perishable companies is losing food supply just once because of a malfunctioning freezer or refrigerator. It is the difference between a profitable quarter, or one in the red.
Sensors have existed for longer than the internet has, and much longer than the Internet of Things (IoT). WIT has been working with food companies since 2010 offering a low-cost, battery powered, easy to install wireless sensor solution for restaurants and food service groups. This solution enables customers to:
- Avoid potential food spoilage using high accuracy temperature sensors in freezers and refrigeration units. Receive text or voice messages to your cell phone if cooling units rise above high-temp threshold limits set by you.
- Install open/closed sensors to monitor unauthorized access to doors after hours.
- Monitor water presence in bathrooms, around water heater(s) and radiators.
- Eliminate human error when performing manual reads.
- Save labor expense associated to having an employee go around the facility to manually write down the temperatures.
- Over 40 types of wireless sensors that can send email or text message alerts. (temperature, Lumen, Open/close, Pressure, vibration and more).
Explanation of how the industrial wireless low temperature sensor works.
For additional information:
Wireless & IP Technologies (WIT)
Publication date: 12/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: