- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
- Increasing cases of bacteria in IQF vegetables is restraining growth of the market
- Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- Third set of plans for Vlissingen container terminal also on the rocks
- Opening of store "Les Comptoirs de la Bio" on Reunion Island
- China: Excessive supply of pomelo forces price down
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Fresh investment poised to bring innovative MOST Device to exporters worldwide
Based in Stockholm, Sweden, MOST has developed a solution for fresh produce and other perishable goods, the MOST Device, which can track both location, temperature, light, humidity and shock during ocean-going maritime shipments and upload stored data at any given opportunity to the GSM-network — and determine the best routes for land transportation in real time.
With four digital sensors plus location tracking, which provide continual online updates, the device is attracting increasing numbers of clients worldwide, including major players in the fresh produce sector, according to CEO Jon Hjertenstein.
This global expansion looks set to be given a significant boost with the recent entry of a group of South Africa-based investors, Knife Capital, which includes Bob Skinstad, a former rugby professional who represented the Springboks in two Rugby World Cups, including as part of the winning side in 2007. Skinstad, who is a part of Knife Capital's London office, has taken a seat on the MOST management board as part of the investment.
In doing so, Skinstad and Knife Capital join Lars Markgren, co-founder of King Digital Entertainment, a British-Swedish game studio that created global gaming sensation Candy Crush, which has been an investor in MOST since 2014.
As Hjertenstein explains, the new round of investment will enable MOST to significantly expand by being able to promote the capabilities of the MOST Device in markets worldwide. One of the first steps towards achieving this will be the recruitment of representatives in markets across Europe, Latin America and North America, as well as southern Africa, with further expansion into Asia to follow at a later date.
For more information:
Jon Hjertenstein, CEO
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 New technologies for the citrus sector
- 2018-11-14 Increasing cases of bacteria in IQF vegetables is restraining growth of the market
- 2018-11-12 India: IIT-Madras develops portable cold storage device
- 2018-11-08 “IQF Freezing is the future of food preservation”
- 2018-11-07 China: Difficulties in refrigerated distribution industry
- 2018-11-06 Strategic review readies NZ horticultural innovator to go global
- 2018-11-02 China: Beihai establishes Guangxi's largest agricultural refrigerated supply chain
- 2018-10-29 Future developments in China's refrigerated distribution
- 2018-10-23 Nigerian start-up solar-refrigerating farms: ColdHubs
- 2018-10-10 Maersk container industry secures historically large reefer order from Hapag-Lloyd
- 2018-10-09 Simple and effective cooling throughout the entire value chain
- 2018-10-03 “Five thousand pallet places are available in the new Cold Store”
- 2018-10-02 Cold chain monitoring solution for fruit & vegetable transport
- 2018-10-01 How Kenyan tomato farmers can avoid heavy losses
- 2018-09-27 "Important goal when IQF freezing broccoli is maintaining bite and color"
- 2018-09-25 New tech makes it cheaper & easier to track the cold chain
- 2018-09-19 Frozen fruit market in the EU: Germany remains the largest importer
- 2018-09-13 Etihad Cargo increases focus on cold chain industry with 'FreshForward' product
- 2018-09-13 Reefer container trade ripe for a digital boost
- 2018-09-05 CMA CGM launches Climactive