Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch Bordex Packaging
"Tomato cups made from 100% recyclable PET"
Bordex Packaging will produce tomato cups from 100 percent post-consumer PET waste. Without new, virgin PET material being added, the company has announced. Millions of PET bottles, shakers and trays will be collected, cleaned, ground and turned into PET360 granulate for this. Even the PET cutting waste is being carefully collected and processed again. This means no more raw materials are wasted in the production process, Bordex Packaging says.
The tomato cups.
Sustainable tomato cups
Bordex Packaging has been looking into opportunities to reuse more and more PET for a while. PET is not only crystal clear and strong, but also easy to shape and suitable for recycling. For years the use of recycled PET (rPET), combined with virgin PET has been very common. PET360 now makes it possible to produce tomato shakers from only (100 percent) post-consumer PET waste. Without a grain of new material being added. These PET360 cups are not outdone by virgin PET and meet all quality demands set. They are firm, clear and 100 percent food safe, the company says. After the first use the shakers can once again become a raw material for future tomato shakers (cradle to cradle).
Firm sustainability ambition
With the development and commercialisation of 100 percent renewable and recyclable PET Bordex Packaging believes an important breakthrough in recycling has been achieved. Over the comping years Bordex Packaging will limit the use of new (virgin) PET in glasses, cups and trays more and more. The goal is to have reduced the use of new PET raw materials in 2027 to zero percent. The introduction of PET360 tomato shakers is an important step in these sustainability ambition, reports Bordex Packaging.
7336 AS Apeldoorn
T: +31 (0)55 599 65 00
F: +31 (0)55 599 65 18
Publication date: 12/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: