Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Company aims to build local greenhouse farms in every major US metro
BrightFarms ranks in top 10 of most successful Food Startups
BrightFarms has been named to Inc. Magazine’s list of the top 10 most successful startups in the food and beverage industry. Featured among brands such as Halo Top and Chef’s Cut Real Jerky, BrightFarms was the only fresh produce brand to make the list.
The company has grown by more than 1,800 percent in the last three years with the development of greenhouse farms for leading retailers like Ahold-Delhaize and Roundy’s (Kroger). Earlier this year, Inc. Magazine ranked BrightFarms number 235 on their list of the 500 fastest growing private companies in America.
To support the growth, the company has recruited a number of key leaders from the food industry, including Vice President of Sales Dean Martel, former sales executive at Fresh Express; Vice President of Marketing Abby Prior and Vice President of Operations Josh Norbury, formerly with Bimbo Bakeries, among several others.
“Our rapid growth stems from the enormous consumer demand for locally grown produce” said BrightFarms CEO Paul Lightfoot. “We’re developing the next phase of growth for our company and plan to enter every major metropolitan market across the country.”
BrightFarms operates three commercial greenhouse farms in Rochelle, IL.; Culpeper, VA.; and Bucks County, PA., with another under construction in Wilmington, Ohio. The company plans to open another 10-15 greenhouses in the next three years.
For more information, visit www.brightfarms.com.
Publication date: 12/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: