Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru largest artichoke exporter to United States
Peru has consolidated its position as the largest exporter of artichokes to the United States with its various canned, processed, and frozen presentations. The exports in 2016 amounted to US $60 million, stated the Commercial Office (Ocex) of Peru in New York.
According to the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), in the first seven months of 2017, artichoke imports from Peru to the United States amounted to US $46 million, i.e. 37% more in volume and 40% more in value than in the same period of the previous year.
In 2016, Peruvian exports of artichoke increased by 8.5%, as the country exported US $97 million in preserves to all destinations.
Frozen artichoke exports in 2016 amounted to US $18.8 million, i.e. 25% more than in 2015. The United States accounted for 62% of the Peruvian canned artichoke market and for 65% of its frozen artichoke supply.
During 2016, the United States' artichoke imports amounted to US $142 million. Peru was the leading exporter country with US $60 million, followed by Spain with US $ 28 million.
Publication date: 12/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: