Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Transports bulk agricultural products
Dutch transport company takes control of 4 other companies
AB Transport Group wants to be of greater service to its customers when it comes to the transportation of bulk agricultural products. To this end, according to AB Transport, from 1 January 2018, this logistics service provider owns a majority share in G. Bosman Transport. This company is from Nisse in the Netherlands. As of 1 January, G. Bosman Transport, Minnaard Transport and International Transport company, Van de Swaluw will merge.
AB Transport Group is expanding its activities in the transportation of bulk agricultural products. As of 1 January, these four companies, pictured, will work together.
According to the AB Transport Group, they have a extensive network when it comes to transporting potatoes. By acquiring this majority share in G. Bosman Transport, the company will provide its customers with a better, more complete package regarding the transportation of other bulk agricultural products in Western Europe. G. Bosman Transport transport, among other things, vegetables, grass, sugar beets, grains and fertiliser. The collaboration with Minnaard Transport and Van de Swaluw strengthens these companies' bulk transportation networks. Minnaard Transport also specialises in the transportation of pallets. International transport company, Van de Swaluw provide pallet transportation, temperature controlled transportation and the transportation of bulk products.
International transport company, Van de Swaluw.
G. Bosman Transport, Minnaard Transport and International Transport company, Van de Swaluw's bulk transportation services will be run from a seperate business unit. The daily management will be in the hands of Wim Minnaard and Wiebe Bosman. This new business unit of the AB Transport Group will operate under G. Bosman Transport's name.
G. Bosman Transport.
Giljo Bosman, G. Bosman Transport's Director: "We are taking this step with continuity in mind. By joining forces, a large, dense network is formed. Now we are not only able to broaden our customers' range of choice, but also their flexibility." G. Bosman specialises in the transportation of walking floors and tippers. This company has 120 employees and 65 trucks and trailers in its fleet.
Minnaard Transport also specialises in the transportation of walking floors and tippers. It is based in Krabbendijke, in the Dutch province of Zeeland. This company has 50 employees and more than 45 tractor-trailers in its fleet. Wim Minnaard, Minnaard Transport's Director: "Growth necessitates expansion and this combination offers broader possibilities to guarantee service to our clients."
Jos de Vos, International Transport company, Van de Swaluw's Director adds: "As part of the AB Transport Group, we can better guarantee continued service delivery to our cusotmers. We are fully confident that the AB Transport Group will provide our customers with appropriate, logistic solutions and guarantees in the future." Van de Swaluw specialises in the transportation of bulk africultural products to mainly Belgium, Germany, France, Italy and England. This Dutch company, based in Heinkenszand has 27 employees and a fleet of 25 trucks and 35 trailers. Van de Swaluw has been operating as a charter with AB Transport Group for years. "This expansion means we can serve our customers better", says Dennis Wetenkamp, AB Transport Group's Director. "This expansion is in line with our ambition to become the most valued logistics service provider in the food and agricultural chain."
AB Transport Group.
For more information:
AB Transport Group
8239 DK Lelystad
T: +31 (0) 889 435 000
Publication date: 12/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: