Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Guangxi constructs new facility for imported fruit
In recent years the fruit trade between China and Vietnam developed at a crazy pace. Guangxi, with its six ports designated for fruit import, is the main entrance to China for fruit from ASEAN-countries. Among the six ports, only Dongxing port is linked by land and sea to Vietnam. The port is located in Dongxing, Fangcheng, only 100 meters from Mong Cai in Vietnam.
The two foreign ministries of China and Vietnam made an official agreement to invest 13 million yuan [2 million USD] in the construction of a temporary pontoon convenient for border trade that functions as a designated port for the cross-border fruit trade. This is to solve with efficiency congestion problems in the border trade between China's Dongxing and Vietnam's Mong Cai. It will shorten transport times and lower transport costs.
In addition, the port that received an overall investment of 22 million yuan [3.3 million USD] has already completed the main structure of the inspection and quarantine examination area, as well as the on-site installations for fumigated storage and management of spoiled fruit retrieval. At the same time, construction work has started in the import and export trade center for agricultural products from all directions. It is estimated that within five years of completion the Dongxing port designated for fruit import could reach an overall annual import and export volume of 9 million tons, worth 3,500 million USD.
Article source: Jinri Toutiao
Publication date: 12/12/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: