Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Orogel products doing well in the US
After placing a few products on the Russian market, Orogel is doing well on the US market as well. The frozen produce company, leader on the Italian market with 22.8% of the share (the second follows at 21.2%), only makes less than 10% of its turnover abroad, but the trend is increasing.
Director Giancarlo Foschi holding the microphone, Orogel CEO Bruno Piraccini at the centre and marketing director Luca Pagliacci on the right
"Grilled vegetables are very popular in the US. Just like all other products, we make them using our producers' vegetables. Organic cauliflowers also do well in the US," explains General Director Giancarlo Foschi.
Processing of red cabbage
"The weather of the past few months affected quantities. Still, we didn't import the produce and chose instead to reduce the quantities placed on the market," stressed CEO Bruno Piraccini.
Orogel's vegetable broth has very few ingredients, all vegetables (left). On the right, other types of broth with a long list of ingredients including aromas, thickeners, glutamates, sugar, etc...
The latest product to be introduced is a vegetable broth. It's a unique product, just like Cubello and Verdurě were when they first appeared on the market. "Our vegetable broth is supplied in the form of frozen drops. Just add twenty drops to a litre of water. There is no salt, aromas or glutamates. The list of ingredients is very short. Customers can add salt as they please," explains marketing director Luca Pagliacci.
On 31st October 2017, the turnover had increased by 15.8% compared to the previous year (€190 million), while production was 9130 tons. The new mega storage unit should be inaugurated in October 2018.
Last week, the company celebrated the 50th anniversary of when the group was first founded.
Gruppo Fruttadoro Orogel
via Dismano 2600
47522 Cesena (FC)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: