Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Orogel products doing well in the US
After placing a few products on the Russian market, Orogel is doing well on the US market as well. The frozen produce company, leader on the Italian market with 22.8% of the share (the second follows at 21.2%), only makes less than 10% of its turnover abroad, but the trend is increasing.
Director Giancarlo Foschi holding the microphone, Orogel CEO Bruno Piraccini at the centre and marketing director Luca Pagliacci on the right
"Grilled vegetables are very popular in the US. Just like all other products, we make them using our producers' vegetables. Organic cauliflowers also do well in the US," explains General Director Giancarlo Foschi.
Processing of red cabbage
"The weather of the past few months affected quantities. Still, we didn't import the produce and chose instead to reduce the quantities placed on the market," stressed CEO Bruno Piraccini.
Orogel's vegetable broth has very few ingredients, all vegetables (left). On the right, other types of broth with a long list of ingredients including aromas, thickeners, glutamates, sugar, etc...
The latest product to be introduced is a vegetable broth. It's a unique product, just like Cubello and Verdurì were when they first appeared on the market. "Our vegetable broth is supplied in the form of frozen drops. Just add twenty drops to a litre of water. There is no salt, aromas or glutamates. The list of ingredients is very short. Customers can add salt as they please," explains marketing director Luca Pagliacci.
On 31st October 2017, the turnover had increased by 15.8% compared to the previous year (€190 million), while production was 9130 tons. The new mega storage unit should be inaugurated in October 2018.
Last week, the company celebrated the 50th anniversary of when the group was first founded.
Gruppo Fruttadoro Orogel
via Dismano 2600
47522 Cesena (FC)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: