Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Onion prices increase by 48% in two days
Unseasonal rain may affect the quality of onions and sometimes the plant rots. And due to the rain, farmers did not bring their produce to market. The supply had increased to 2.000 tons a day at Lasalgaon in the past week.
According to nyoooz.com, the average wholesale prices rose by 48.93% in two days at the country's largest onion market at Lasalgaon. Prices shot up from 2,350 rupees per 100 kg on Monday to 3,500 rupees per 100 kg on Wednesday due to a shortage of supplies after the rain.
Publication date: 12/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: