Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: 120 kg of potatoes consumed per person per year in KaliningradEvery year, the average Kaliningrader consumes up to 120 kg of potatoes. This was reported on Wednesday on a local radio station by Alexander Ivanov, head of the association of agricultural producers of the Kaliningrad region.
"Statistics have revealed that the average resident of the region eats about 110-120 kilos of potatoes every year. The consumption volume of the rest of the vegetables combined is similar to that of potatoes. We are talking about beets, carrots or cabbage. We have also observed a preference for vegetables over fruit," said Alexander Ivanov.
According to him, this year Kaliningraders have started buying local vegetables more often than imported exotic fruits. "People increasingly prefer to eat more natural, local products, rather than exotic ones," he stated.
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: