Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: Inauguration of first stage of new wholesale distribution centre in IngushetiaThe Minister of Agriculture of the Russian Federation, Alexander Tkachev, and Ingushetia Head Yunus-Bek Yevkurov have inaugurated the first stage of the wholesale distribution centre "Sad-Gigant-Ingushetia", which is one of the most ambitious projects in the region.
The ceremony was also attended by a Senator from Ingushetia, Belan Hamchiev, and Chairman of the People's Assembly of the Republic, Zyalimkhan Yevloyev.
The investment project implemented by Sad-Gigant Ingushetia LLC in Ingushetia includes the construction of a fruit garden on an area of 1,000 hectares and a wholesale distribution centre with a 50,000 tonne storage capacity. This centre will serve to supply the population with fresh fruits and vegetables on a year-round basis. The yield of the garden is expected to amount to 55 tonnes of apples per hectare. The project will be a great contribution to the Russian Government's plan to replace imports with domestic products.
As the head of the Ministry of Agriculture, Tkachev highlighted that "the latest technologies are used here, so we are looking into the future. The supply of local products will be attractive in terms of both price and quality. We welcome such projects and solutions, and I would like to see as many as possible of these in the south of the country, because the Caucasus has the most favourable conditions for the production of fruits and vegetables."
According to the Minister, the Russian Federation is implementing a large-scale program for the construction and creation of commodity distribution networks and infrastructure for the production and storage of fruits and vegetables.
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: