Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: Unusual method to analyse fresh produce toxicitySiberian researchers have developed a quick method to analyse the toxicity of vegetables and fruits. The main "marker" of contamination is the enzymes of ordinary fireflies, reports "Russian Planet".
The innovative method allows for the quality of fruit and vegetables to be assessed literally in a minute. It makes it possible to determine the level of contamination of vegetables and fruits with chemical and bacterial substances.
With the use of enzymes from ordinary fireflies, the degree of toxicity can easily be measured based on the fluorescence of the product. Scientists have stressed that this method to determine toxicometric indicators will be tens of times cheaper than imported counterparts.
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: