Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: Unusual method to analyse fresh produce toxicitySiberian researchers have developed a quick method to analyse the toxicity of vegetables and fruits. The main "marker" of contamination is the enzymes of ordinary fireflies, reports "Russian Planet".
The innovative method allows for the quality of fruit and vegetables to be assessed literally in a minute. It makes it possible to determine the level of contamination of vegetables and fruits with chemical and bacterial substances.
With the use of enzymes from ordinary fireflies, the degree of toxicity can easily be measured based on the fluorescence of the product. Scientists have stressed that this method to determine toxicometric indicators will be tens of times cheaper than imported counterparts.
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: