Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
The Chinese province of Hebei is interested in Chilean fruitThe executive vice governor of the provincial government of Hebei, Yuan Tongli, says that a delegation visiting Maule was interested in the region's productive potential. "The Hebei region and the Maule Region have had very close contact since 2000, when parties from both regions visited the other region and we signed a friendship agreement."
The Maule Region and the fruit for export
The Chinese delegation wanted to understand the Maule offer in different areas. That is why representatives of the PER Maule, the Central Agricultural, the Association of Fruit Exporters of Chile AG (Asoex), the Lautaro Cooperative and the Loncomilla Cooperative participated in the meeting.
Paula Gajardo, the manager of the strategic program PerMaule, said: "This collaboration agreement is very important for the food sector. We can't forget that this province has 74 million people, so this is an opportunity that can't be missed if we want to comply with our slogan: Maule Feeds the World."
In turn, Paola Alvarez, the director of the Office of the Productive Development Program of ASOEX in Maule, made a presentation to the visitors where she spoke about Chile's and the Maule Region's fruit industry, as well as the work that ASOEX carries out to consolidate their leadership position as the main exporter of table grapes, cherries, blueberries and fresh plums in the world.
"Chile is currently the main supplier of fresh fruits in China, and the Maule Region is an area of great fruit production. This is demonstrated by the large amount of infrastructure installed in the area, for example, we have more than 1,100 cold storage chambers which allows us to cover 2 million cubic meters. In addition, there are more than 340 packing companies with a capacity of 600 thousand tons each season in the region," Alvarez said.
The representative of ASOEX added that during the 2016-2017 season Chile had exported more than 2.6 million tons of fruit, and that the Maule Region had accounted for more than 564 thousand tons of this volume, i.e. 23% of the total fruit that Chile exports, which makes it the country's second biggest fruit producing and exporting region.
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: