Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Village Farms and Produce for Kids team up for the holiday season
Village Farms and Produce for Kids have teamed up this holiday season to bring consumers a multi-faceted campaign focusing on holiday fun for the whole family. The two have partnered to create a blog and four recipes that offer consumers a simple, easy and delicious way to incorporate fresh produce into their holiday menu. They will also be collecting market research data through the blog and social media push where they are offering three separate giveaway prizes.
“The holidays are a time when friends and family of all ages are coming together to cook, eat, and spend time together.” said Helen L. Aquino, Director of Brand Marketing & Communications for Village Farms. “We wanted to create healthy holiday recipe options incorporating tomatoes that would appeal to the whole family.”
Many consumers don’t think to include fresh tomatoes in their meal planning during the winter months but Village Farms’ tomatoes have Garden Fresh Flavor® all year round and their exclusive varieties are made even tastier by cooking, grilling, or roasting. The recipe series includes Sinfully Sweet Campari® puff pastry appetizers, Cabernet Estate Reserve® mini quiche, True Rebel Mix® mini pizzas and a Heavenly Villagio Marzano® Rudolph grilled cheese sandwich.
“Increasing consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables is of paramount importance to us,” said Amanda Keefer, Director of Marketing Communications for Produce for Kids. “This series of recipes will do just that, and the fun activities will engage and encourage kids to eat their vegetables during a time when candy and cookies generally rule.”
You can read the blog and find all four recipes on www.produceforkids.com or www.villagefarms.com. Enter to win a mixed box of exclusive specialty tomatoes, PlanetBox bento-style lunchbox or Village Farms apron there as well. Stay tuned to Village Farms and Produce for Kids Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts as the recipes are released over the coming weeks. In support of the mission of Produce for Kids Village Farms has also made a donation to Feeding America to support programs that improve food security and educate the public about the problem of hunger.
Helen L. Aquino
Tel: 407-936-1190 x312
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: