- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
- "China way ahead of the west in omni-channel retail"
- China: Price of bananas in Nanning, Guangxi, slowly warms up
- Ahold Delhaize: Leading Together strategy focuses on 3-year growth
- “We help companies not represented in Asia minimize losses when their produce is rejected”
- Mexico freeze signals premature season end for some regions
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Banana Ripening Centre provides a critical service to South African farmers
- Truckload of watermelons served to marathoners, family and friends
- High-quality strawberries available 12 months a year
- USA Pears aims to drive health awareness amongst Indian consumers
- India: Sheikhpura crowd steals bananas from young fruit vendor
Table potato market East Germany week 48/2017
Prices remain unchanged compared to last week's levels
Growers’ prices for table potatoes remain at the level of the previous week. The trend remains stable. For this year no more price changes are expected. This also applies to peeled potatoes, which also remain at last week’s level. The sales are quiet, as was expected for November. Deliveries to the restaurant industry have decreased significantly. Many restaurants on the coast have their company holidays in the month of November. The quality of potatoes can be very different. The losses through sorting are noticeably high this year. Sometimes, stocks have to be outsourced early. Some seed potato stocks could not be cleared yet.
The end of November did not show great sales. Currently, there are no price changes in the table or peeled potato sector. Up until the Christmas sales, weekly promotions should keep current sales on par, but price changes are not expected for standard goods in view of the abundant supply. Only very high-quality products can be priced somewhat higher. The last starch potatoes have been cleared.
For the most comprehensive needs of the packers, plentiful supplies of good quality table potatoes have been available in the last week of November. Sales in the food retail trade are quiet and at typical levels for the time of year. Supply is well above demand. Growers’ prices for food products continue to remain stable at the level of recent weeks. Given the current market situation, no significant changes in producer prices are to be expected.
The potato market in this region is well stocked this year. Producer prices remain unchanged at last week's level, with no direct rises in view. Occasionally potatoes are still covered, at the edge of the fields. The quality of stock goods is mostly good. The proportion of sorting losses is, however, in part higher than in the previous year. Due to special offers -7,5 kg containers were offered for 1,99 euros in the previous week- high sales figures have been achieved in retail. The export trade is still going on, towards Poland and the Czech Republic. The peeled potato market it is very quiet, with stable prices.
At the table potato market, no changes in prices were reported this week compared to last week. Sales are steady, as is the demand from the food retail sector, but could be a bit higher in terms of volume from the packers’ point of view. The retail trade is steadily trying to get things going through promotions. The peeled potatoes prices remain stable.
Source: MIO lallf
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-15 EU: Support for French fry producers against Colombia
- 2018-11-15 Canada: Short harvest causes potato shortage in Manitoba
- 2018-11-15 “Next week’s weather forecast puts pressure on potato supply”
- 2018-11-15 Egyptian spring onions more and more present in the German wholesale and retail trade
- 2018-11-15 Cameroon: scarcity and rising prices of onions
- 2018-11-15 France: "Difficult markets for Bintje"
- 2018-11-15 Germany: Potato harvest at historically low level
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Potato harvest under way in various production areas
- 2018-11-14 “Europe must bare its teeth, and if needs be, bite"
- 2018-11-14 Chile: One third of processed potatoes are imported
- 2018-11-14 Potato harvest Lower Saxony at historically low level
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Onion prices could skyrocket to 2 USD per kg in January
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Soaring potato costs create pressure for food processors
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Domestic potato market report
- 2018-11-13 Nigeria: Enugu onions dealers attribute high cost and scarcity to poor harvest
- 2018-11-13 Poland: Lower availability and smaller-sized onions this season
- 2018-11-13 Potato brand offers tips for plant-based menu plans
- 2018-11-13 Lao onion and garlic smuggled across Mekong River
- 2018-11-13 Surviving hard potato times
- 2018-11-13 US potato exports down: Retaliatory tariffs blamed