Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Table potato market East Germany week 48/2017
Prices remain unchanged compared to last week's levelsMecklenburg-Vorpommern
Growers’ prices for table potatoes remain at the level of the previous week. The trend remains stable. For this year no more price changes are expected. This also applies to peeled potatoes, which also remain at last week’s level. The sales are quiet, as was expected for November. Deliveries to the restaurant industry have decreased significantly. Many restaurants on the coast have their company holidays in the month of November. The quality of potatoes can be very different. The losses through sorting are noticeably high this year. Sometimes, stocks have to be outsourced early. Some seed potato stocks could not be cleared yet.
The end of November did not show great sales. Currently, there are no price changes in the table or peeled potato sector. Up until the Christmas sales, weekly promotions should keep current sales on par, but price changes are not expected for standard goods in view of the abundant supply. Only very high-quality products can be priced somewhat higher. The last starch potatoes have been cleared.
For the most comprehensive needs of the packers, plentiful supplies of good quality table potatoes have been available in the last week of November. Sales in the food retail trade are quiet and at typical levels for the time of year. Supply is well above demand. Growers’ prices for food products continue to remain stable at the level of recent weeks. Given the current market situation, no significant changes in producer prices are to be expected.
The potato market in this region is well stocked this year. Producer prices remain unchanged at last week's level, with no direct rises in view. Occasionally potatoes are still covered, at the edge of the fields. The quality of stock goods is mostly good. The proportion of sorting losses is, however, in part higher than in the previous year. Due to special offers -7,5 kg containers were offered for 1,99 euros in the previous week- high sales figures have been achieved in retail. The export trade is still going on, towards Poland and the Czech Republic. The peeled potato market it is very quiet, with stable prices.
At the table potato market, no changes in prices were reported this week compared to last week. Sales are steady, as is the demand from the food retail sector, but could be a bit higher in terms of volume from the packers’ point of view. The retail trade is steadily trying to get things going through promotions. The peeled potatoes prices remain stable.
Source: MIO lallf
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: