Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Gaza: Citrus supply insufficient to meet the demandNizar Al-Wahidi, director general of the General Department of Guidance and Development of the Ministry of Agriculture in Gaza, said that "the deficit in the supply of citrus fruits has reached 27% this year." He pointed out that this is due to the increase in the demand for varieties for which there is not enough production.
Al-Wahidi told Al-Rehsala on Sunday that the citrus production volume this year will amount to 20,882 tonnes. The acreage devoted to citrus crops stands at 13,029 dunums, of which 7,801 dunums are productive and 5,228 are newly planted.
He pointed out that a relative improvement was recorded in the production of citrus fruits this year compared to previous years, although the sector was still hampered by several problems, the most important of which being the lack of development for the cultivation of new varieties.
Al-Wahidi also pointed out that the frequent power outages have caused a shortage in the supply of fresh water for irrigation, which has slowed down the growth of the production.
He pointed out that some citrus varieties will be imported to compensate for the current deficit in Gaza.
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: