Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EUCOFEL appoints new presidentThe European Fruit and Vegetable Trade Association of the EU, EUCOFEL, has held its 2017 General Assembly in Brussels, appointing FEPEX candidate Juan Marín as its new president, and Witold Boguta (President of the National Federation of producers-exporters of Poland) and the Greek George Frangistas (President of the National Federation of producers-exporters of Greece) as vice-presidents. The Frenchman Laurent Bergé (President of the National Association of Organizations of Tomato and Cucumber Producers of France) and the Spanish Antonio Muńoz (INTERCITRUS and CGC) are also vice-presidents.
Juan Marín is a renowned professional in the Spanish fruit and vegetable sector who has developed his career in both the production and export sectors. He is currently the director of Campo de Lorca, a leading company in the production and marketing of broccoli and cauliflower. Marín is also president of the Association of Producers and Exporters of Fruits and Vegetables of the Region of Murcia (Proexport) and member of the Government Commission of FEPEX.
Juan Marín is replacing Jorge Brotons Campillo, who has held the position since 2013, when EUCOFEL was refounded. "It is an honour to represent European horticultural producers," said Juan Marín after the appointment, adding that "from now on, we will work together on the following objectives: the protection and improvement of the competitiveness of the production and export of fruit and vegetables, the defence of free competition in the EU's internal market and the opening of markets in third countries."
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: