Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EUCOFEL appoints new presidentThe European Fruit and Vegetable Trade Association of the EU, EUCOFEL, has held its 2017 General Assembly in Brussels, appointing FEPEX candidate Juan Marín as its new president, and Witold Boguta (President of the National Federation of producers-exporters of Poland) and the Greek George Frangistas (President of the National Federation of producers-exporters of Greece) as vice-presidents. The Frenchman Laurent Bergé (President of the National Association of Organizations of Tomato and Cucumber Producers of France) and the Spanish Antonio Muńoz (INTERCITRUS and CGC) are also vice-presidents.
Juan Marín is a renowned professional in the Spanish fruit and vegetable sector who has developed his career in both the production and export sectors. He is currently the director of Campo de Lorca, a leading company in the production and marketing of broccoli and cauliflower. Marín is also president of the Association of Producers and Exporters of Fruits and Vegetables of the Region of Murcia (Proexport) and member of the Government Commission of FEPEX.
Juan Marín is replacing Jorge Brotons Campillo, who has held the position since 2013, when EUCOFEL was refounded. "It is an honour to represent European horticultural producers," said Juan Marín after the appointment, adding that "from now on, we will work together on the following objectives: the protection and improvement of the competitiveness of the production and export of fruit and vegetables, the defence of free competition in the EU's internal market and the opening of markets in third countries."
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: