Job offersmore »
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
- Sales Estimator - Vineland Station, Ontario Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Sustainability program for Sprouts Farmers Market
Target: Mobile pay debutUS: Physical & online units integrated in Brazil by Walmart
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has decided to integrate its Brazilian unit to its physical retail and e-commerce activities, and expand its so-called online marketplace operations. Over the next 4 years, the new initiatives should cost about 1.5bln reais ($464mln).
Please, click here to read more at retail.economictimes.indiatimes.com
US: Sprouts Farmers Market enrolls stores in sustainability program
All Colorado and Utah stores, along with five Phoenix-area stores, are being enrolled by Sprouts Farmers Market into the country’s only grocery sustainability certification program. The stores are joining Manomet’s Grocery Stewardship Certification (GSC) program. Its purpose is to substantially reduce environmental impacts of grocery stores, supply chains and consumers, according to progressivegrocer.com
US: Mobile pay debut by Target
Mobile-wallet capabilities have been added to Target Corp.’s mobile app, offering payment up to four times faster than other types, along with combining digital savings of Cartwheel offers and weekly ad coupons with the 5 percent Redcard discount.
Please, click here to read the rest of the article at progressivegrocer.com
New 'Gourmet' supermarket opened in Milan by Carrefour Italia
Under its 'Vivi di Gusto' Carrefour Market banner, a new supermarket in Milan has been opened by Carrefour Italia. The store features a fruit and vegetable department, a meat and cheese counter, fishmonger, sushi, bakery, canned foods, frozen foods, and home care and personal care products.
Please, click here to read more at esmmagazine.com
18 new UAE stores planned to open by supermarket chain Spinneys
As part of an expansion drive, supermarket chain Spinneys Dubai has announced plans to open 18 UAE stores by 2020. According to http://gulfbusiness.com, the supermarket chain is forecasting a growth rate of more than 40% by 2020 through the expansion, innovation and digital product development.
UK: Supermarket Tesco doubles vegan and veggie Christmas Food
A huge demand for meat-free food has led retail giant Tesco to double its vegetarian and vegan centrepiece festive food offering this year. Chef Derek Sarno has recently been hired as Tesco’s Executive Director of Plant Based Innovation, as part of its plan to bring more veggie food to consumers.
Please, click here to read the rest of the article at plantbasednews.org
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: