Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Global ID acquires Italian provider of organic and food safety certifications
The Global ID Group, a market platform dedicated to providing food safety and food quality solutions, today announced that it has acquired Bioagricert, a certification and control body company based in Bologna, Italy. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 1984, Bioagricert provides organic certification services according to Italian national and international standards, as well as product quality certification services and other certifications such as Protected Designation of Origin (PDO), Protected Geographic Indication (PGI), GlobalG.A.P., natural cosmetics and textiles, green energy, fair trade and more.
Bioagricert certifies about 11,500 operators in Italy and 1,500 internationally, including in Latin America, Southeast Asia, the Mediterranean Basin and Eastern Europe. The company also aids in the development of new certification standards in Italy and internationally.
On completion, Riccardo Cozzo, Managing Director of Bioagricert, will lead Bioagricert's international business while Alessandro Lombardi, Head of Bioagricert's Agribusiness, will assume leadership of Italy under Global ID. The rest of Bioagricert's executive team, Vito Russo and Federico Di Biase, will continue to play key roles in operating the business.
Brad Riemenapp, CEO of Global ID said, "Bioagricert adds organic certification to our global suite of products and services, which will enable Global ID to offer a broader portfolio of solutions to our clients."
The Bioagricert executive team of Lombardi, Cozzo, Di Biase and Russo agree that, "Consumers across the world are increasingly conscious about the quality and safety of their food and other products, and that joining with Global ID will enable us to better meet the growing global demand for organic and other certifications."
For more information:
Andy Brimmer / Aaron Palash
Global ID Group
Tel: +1 212 355 4449
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: