Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Stable blueberry market despite strikes in ChileThe situation on the blueberry market is stable at the moment, but behind the scenes, people are working hard to meet the programs. According to Fred Douven of ABB Growers, the most important question now is: "Can we get it to the customers on time? There are currently strikes in Chile, so deliveries don't always make it. Many volumes are currently going via Argentina and deliveries are consequently delayed."
He points out that it isn't clear for how long the phytosanitary inspection authorities in Chile will be on strike. "This is their time to get attention and that could take a while. We will wait. Most of the containers have just arrived, but often with delays. We fortunately have the whole chain under our control at ABB Growers, so if the grower has a problem, we immediately look for a solution."
Fred says that there is little for him to complain about when it comes to the market situation. "It's stable, there's a good demand and the prices are pretty good, too. I expect that we'll keep this going for a few more weeks, and we'll get large volumes from Chile again from week 51. We'll probably also see that reflected in the prices. That peak period is expected to last until week 5."
For more information:
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: