Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Driven by rapid growth of healthy snacking category
New on-the-go snacking line to be launched early 2018
Naturipe Farms are launching a new healthy snacking option for health conscious consumers who are looking for convenience in a busy schedule. The new line will be launched early in 2018 and complements their existing snack products. They feature a combination of different berry varieties along with grapes and apples and are designed for the "on-the-go" lifestyle.
"Naturipe's new on-the-go snacking product is a line of 5 oz. cups that are designed for on-the-go healthy snacking," said Brian Jenny, of Naturipe Farms. "It will have 5 SKU’s in the line, all involving different combinations of strawberries, blueberries, apples, and grapes. The 5 varieties are - Strawberries, Strawberries/Blueberries, Apples/Grapes/Blueberries, Grapes/Blueberries, Apples/Blueberries. They will each come with a small spork and are designed to fit in the cup holder of a car."
Healthy and convenient snacking gains market strength
As the healthy nutrition sector continues to experience growth, companies like Naturipe are identifying potential for more options in the healthy snack category. They have also seen an opportunity to combine this with a tendency for customers to seek out a greater variety of convenient options.
"The healthy snacking category continues to grow rapidly," Jenny said. "Consumers continue to look for more healthy options in this category and berries/fruit was a good fit to match with these trends. Demand is very high as consumers continue to focus on healthier and convenient snacking options. We designed our range in a convenient size and packaging, so that consumers can enjoy them anytime, whether they are out and about, or in the office, at home, in the car, at the gym, basically anywhere."
Snacking options to continue growth
While the new line will be launched early next year, Naturipe are considering expanding on the range in line with consumer trends. They see ongoing potential in both the healthy snacking category as well providing customers with additional products for convenience.
"Naturipe Farms are looking at other line extensions and options to capitalize on the growth of this category," Jenny added. "On-the-go snacking is a focus for our organization as we move forward. Convenience and Health are two trends that are not going away and we have 3 separate lines of products that are designed to help consumers find options involving berries and fruit."
Naturipe Farms will be attending the upcoming NY Produce show and showing the new line along with their existing snack box line. Please visit them at booth #614.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (239) 591-1664
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: